Saturday, January 25, 2014

Time

Since I have been spending less time filling time, I take time.

I take time to care for things. Things I've been, ostensibly, too busy to do. Today I cleaned my HE washing machine. Which is supposed to be done every month. It's not like I have to climb in and remove parts to do this chore. Realizing that I have neglected this I decided it was time to do something else I've been avoiding, making a household schedule. So, on the 24th of February, my washer will be cleaned again.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
"It’s not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is, what are we busy about?"Henry David Thoreau

In holding a discussion with some friends tonight, I realized I hadn't been to the eye doctor in over 2 years. I have insurance. Too busy, not enough time.

 "Time is what we want the most, but what we use the worst."  William Penn

I am taking the time to finish projects that have been hanging around. And to organize new projects so as to include a time frame.

"Make use of time, let not advantage slip.'" William Shakespeare

I am writing more than I ever have. Knowing that the kitchen is clean clears my mind to focus on the words that need to be written. My writing is filling a void that has been longing to be filled for my whole life. Lack of time management relegated my poetry to personal journals. Not wasted, but not valued.

"Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it." M. Scott Peck

 If you, like me, have said, "I wish I could, but I don't have the time." look at your life. What will it take for you to have the time? Are you willing to make the sacrifice?

If time is money. How will I spend it? How will you?

Time passes by
like the plate on Sunday morning
If you are not prepared
the tempo is stalled
All around you stare, wondering,
"Didn't they pay attention?
Why are they not ready?"
The musician makes the song a little longer
You drop in your offering
Perhaps a little more than you intended
Because it's quicker
Then you wonder how you will pay
for gas to get you home and hope
that you can't out give God.
You hope, in your unpreparedness,
there is a way to make it up.
You hope there will be enough
Time




No comments:

Post a Comment