Thursday, January 16, 2014

Peace Sister!

Relief came today. My pay was $20 more than I planned on and there was an additional check for the back pay of our new contract.

Breathing room. No reason, however, to think I can relax and spend money. It's not done until it's done.

So I set a lofty goal, to make $300 in three days with my online sales. The most difficult part of this will be making myself stay home when I want to go play. So it is short term reward time. There is an exhibit I'd like to go to on Sunday. It is free, but it will take about half a tank of gas round trip. If I make the goal, I'm going to the exhibit.

Hey, by the way, by taking the bus these two days a tank of gas has lasted 12 days.

When I went out to catch the bus this morning, the second time, a friend stopped to pick me up. We had a wonderful discussion about commitment, sacrifice, and the daily decision to stick with a goal.
What ever the goal may be, it is tough to give up something to get something else, sticking to the commitment is as rewarding as the completion of the goal.

 At the end of my shift a gentleman came into the cafeteria and we had a brief conversation that ended with him saying, "Good things are usually right in front of us, if we're willing to look." To which I replied, "Yeah, but sometimes we have to do some work to fully enjoy them."

During the course of this day a friend passed me quickly, "Peace Sister!" she called as she bustled down the hallway.
Made me smile, she usually does, peace is what the work of this day has made for me to fully enjoy. Peace in my spirit. Peace in my work . Peace in my mind.
Peace Sisters and Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment