Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Big Picture Kind of Day

I have spent a lot of time today thinking about the bigger picture. What being debt free will mean and where I want my money to go when I'm there.

Thinking about the next step has helped me refocus on the current one. My frustration blew it's top yesterday because I was only looking at the moment. When I stepped back I could see the bigger picture again.

Ah huh!

The only way to see the whole picture is to step back.

Not a set back, a set up. So here we go again. Renewed energy, refreshed focus, resounding resolve.

As the painter of my own portrait I was seeing only the fine detail that I was working on. When a painter does that, their arm grows tired and muscles get sore. And the colors wash together. The best thing they can do is take a break.

Now I am scheduling breaks for myself. Not that I am going to purposefully spend money, but incorporating time and events to keep my mind busy.

I'm 9 days out from having two big checks to write. I can cover them, but it leaves precious little to live on until the following pay day. So, if I want luxuries, like fuel in the car, I have to get my tail in gear and earn it. Time to get my creative juices flowing. I have two crafts I'm working on to sell. Neither has any cost to make, so it's all win for me. So I must get to work on them. I'll post pictures when they're done.

Resourcefulness takes imagination.

As I look a my future, I feel more confident and sure of myself than I think I ever have.


Money saving moment of the day. Ha, you're going to love this. I live in a rural area. The farmer up the road had tilled his field. As I drove by I thought how beautiful the dirt looked. Ah-huh! So I stopped and asked if he would mind if I got some dirt for my container garden. He laughed at first. I said I didn't want to presume or trespass. That I wanted to respect his property, but I just couldn't stand the idea of buying dirt. He said he appreciated my asking and was sure he wouldn't miss what I took. So, free pots, free fertilizer, free dirt. I'm on a roll.

Remember, you never know until you ask.

What would I do if money wasn't an issue?

Why does money have to decide that? I will do what I can with what I have and if I want to do something, I'll find the money to do it.

Uh-oh, I'm afraid I might be growing up.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment