Thursday, January 30, 2014

Let it go

So easy to say. Believe me, I know how hard it is to do. Uncertainty weaves it's way through our brains, like a like a worm, eating holes in our great plan. When the time comes to actually do the work, we have plenty of excuses, those also have holes in them.

Money
Weight
House cleaning
Job
Love
Past
The list goes on and on.

What is it that you can't put down. Perhaps it's a combination of some or all.

Some things are easy to put down. Some you can drop with a dramatic thud, making a huge mess. Some, the heaviest, need to be set down slowly, perhaps with help.

Evaluation of what is holding you back is so important. This week I had the thought that I would like to lose the 40 pounds I've gained in the last few years. I had lost 90 pounds and really felt terrific. But as the week went on it became a burden. I'm clearing out my house and paying off my bills and building up my writing and working and...I don't need another project. So I'm being more careful about what I eat and working more walks, free entertainment, in my schedule. If I lose some, terrific. What I let go was this idea that I had to be able to do it all at the same time.

Don't bite off more than you can chew. Ha! I'm punny.

 For now, I'm dancing in the living room, which is made possible by the great clean out.

No comments:

Post a Comment