Friday, January 3, 2014

A snip in time

I was telling some people at work about keeping this blog journal about extreme savings. The immediate question was, "Are you going to be one of those extreme couponers that get a basket full of food for $30?"
No, as a matter of fact, I don't intend to purposefully clip coupons at all.
There was a time when I had a family of five to feed, clean up after, and diaper that I was an extreme couponer. It was something I did to stretch the grocery budget. I clipped all the coupons. What I couldn't use, I could trade. I read flyers, price matched and double couponed. It was an organizational wonder that saved us thousands of dollars. If you have the time, it is a valuable thing to do.
 If you search "coupon" thousands of sites that will show you their best way of doing this effectively will come up. The one that is best for you is the one that you can work with. Like a diet, if it's too anything you won't stick to it.
   If I find a coupon on the isle or see a special in a paper, I will use it. But that process takes time and I can save or make more doing other things.
   What I will do is be aware of my purchases. I can get a hot and ready chicken for $6. Why with the time and the electricity cost it's cheaper to buy it cooked. Hold on, look again. That precooked chicken is two pounds. The uncooked, do it yourself, is 4 lbs. Ahhhh

I didn't make anything extra today. But I did go sit at the coffee place with my daughter and I didn't buy anything. And a friend contributed some things for me to sell. So that will be great.



No comments:

Post a Comment