Monday, February 3, 2014

Process or IS THIS EVER GOING TO END? ahem, I'm fine.

Some days are so good. I look around and see how far I've come. Other days I want to back a dumpster up to the house and go live in my car. Right now, I'm somewhere in between.

"There never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to do, once you find them." Jim Croce crooned.

I have found what I want to do, but stuff is slowing me down.

Time to take my own advise. I took a few deep, cleansing breaths; then I got to work.

First I made a list. Not a list maker? Give it try, maybe you've changed since the last time you tried.
I didn't think much about it, just started writing to do's. Then I went down the list.

No time was spent prioritizing or deciding, just started at the top and worked my way down.

It worked splendidly.

Today's writing time, check.
Call Dad, check
Put library books with bag to take with me tomorrow, check
Clean office...ugh...oh yeah. the office, check

I didn't touch the place yesterday, but today I defined the space. Office. Not exercise room. No leaving the hand weights just in case I want to use them. Being realistic here. I'm not going to stop writing for that. The exercise equipment will go to the place it belongs. If I want to work out and write, I'll go to them.
Also thinking about what I need for the room. By making a list, I can know what I need and try to buy them at a bargain.
 
Then I removed any large pieces that didn't add value to the space.
Next, I started at the door and worked from the right.
Swept the floor.
Gave thought to what I wanted the room to look like.
And posted five items for sale on line.



It is already nicer. I spent about 30 minutes on it today. Not too shabby. Nothing took a lot of thought.
 
I am thinking about what I want that space to be used for and how I want to feel when I walk into it. Peaceful, inspiring, easy to think in, easy to function in.
 
And if all five things sell for asking price, $110 dollars. I'll tuck some of that away for things I need for the room. I want it to be right, so I'm patient to find the right pieces.
 
I'll let you know how it goes.
 
It's all part of the process. Breathe

1 comment: