Thursday, February 13, 2014

Another day in paradise

Found a treasure today, brand name chocolate chips for $1.99.  Woot! I wasn't going to include chocolate chips in the muffins for tomorrow's bake sale. But hey, why not, at that price?

I bought milk today. I don't drink a lot of milk, so I bought the smallest amount I could. Yes, buying a larger carton is economical, but only if you're going to use it. If you're throwing milk or food away, you're not saving money.

My newest venture is to find ways to travel comfortably and affordably. There are so many options here, I'm looking forward to exploring. It's still the off season, so now is the time to enjoy lower rates. By getting a place with cooking, even if it's a microwave, I can save on food. And day trips are a great option.

I'm going to give $40 fancies a try. Going out and seeing places without spending more than $40. With my fuel efficient car, I think it's doable. We're going to find out.

It's fun to be able to think about things like this. Two more weeks and I'm free of credit card debt. Hard to believe. I don't know how I feel yet, I'll let you know when I get the $0 balance statement.

The office has taken a back seat on my sick days. The next couple of days are busy, but I'll post an update on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment