Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bartering is fun!

I love a good barter.

Today I sold some furniture for cash and made a deal for the gal to paint a frame for me in exchange for some home décor items I had. Win-win, nice deal.

I have almost made all the money I spent on my trip to Seattle. I am still floating on that cloud, so it was well worth the work I am doing for it.

There is a bitter sweetness about this process. I wish 'I hads' wonder into my brain. Regret isn't something I allow myself to linger in for too long. But I do wish I had realized sooner the burden all the stuff was putting on my mental being.

Now that the stuff is leaving, experiences are filling the space. I am so much happier in my life. I don't imagine I will ever be a true minimalist. And I'll never be a clean freak. But not having so much stuff is making room in my life and heart for experiencing the joy of the simple things around me.

Yesterday I enjoyed sitting with a friend and chatting, then a nice walk, finishing our visit with a glass of wine. I realized I was, finally, enjoying the realness of adult friendships, without the worry of "how much is that wine"? It is a beautiful feeling.

I told this young woman today, I am looking forward to hosting parties at my house. What a wonderful idea that is for me.

It has been a long process, and it's not done yet.

How am I doing?

I am happy. The rest is coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment