Monday, February 24, 2014

A new attitude

Reality, saving money; paying off debts; losing weight; organizing your home are all pretty straight forward things to do. Not always easy, but there are some definite ways to do them successfully.

What is difficult is changing your attitude to make those things happen.

"I want to lose 20 pounds, but." Stop. When you hit the but, it's pretty much guaranteed you're not getting off yours.

"I want to pay off my debts, but I can't." Stop. Nope, you can't.

It's your attitude. Change your words. "I want to lose 20 pounds, but I am so tired when I get off work." Becomes. "I want to lose 20 pounds. After work isn't a good time to exercise, so I'm going to take 20 minutes of my lunch break for a walk."

Rightly placed attitudes find answers to obstacles.

For me, my goals collided nicely. By using the stuff that was cluttering my home to sell and pay off my bills; I get a clean house and no debt. Because I am staying home to save money, there is time to exercise.

I am asked quite often if I coupon. Not actively. If I see a coupon for something I'm going to buy, I'll use it. But I don't mega coupon. I have been that person that gets $200 in groceries for $30. That takes time and effort. For just me, my time is better spent on my writing.

There are terrific coupon websites and Facebook pages out there with couponing tips. The only one I offer is that you organize your coupons by the lay out of the grocery store you shop at most. It makes it faster to pick out. imho.

We all have two things to spend, time or money. If you spend the time on couponing, you will save a lot of money. Sometimes it's better to spend the money to save the time.

In the end, it's attitude.

Once it's good, you will have positive outcomes!

No comments:

Post a Comment