Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Reality Strikes

Reality Strikes

Reaching over the pillow
I put my ice cream dish
on the table by the sofa
without looking
when I picked it up there was a fly
dead
squished by the orb that fell from
the sky
Sometimes I feel like that fly
sitting and drinking up the ring
of condensation left on a table
happy to be just getting through the day
when BAM
I am crushed by the weighty reality
of someone's empty ice cream dish
Someone else was enjoying the sweet
creamy goodness and left me with the
headache
No matter that the fly had eyes all over
it's body
And could swiftly fly away from harm
It was no match for
Reality
I hope it died happy with it's last drink of
cool water
I will go on enjoying the goodness around me
while knowing some one bigger than me
may be enjoying
Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment