Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Dying Living

In my life I have had dreams. Those dreams have always included someone else. In the last couple of years I have been working on my dreams. This isn't easy for the mom, born pleaser, thinker of all others that is me. It has also been difficult to over come the idea that I am worth having my dream come true. As hard as those have been, they aren't the worst obstacles.
   The hardest obstacle has been sensibility.
Is it sensible for me to spend time writing when the house needs to be cleaned?
Is it sensible for me to be formatting a manuscript when I could be working a second job?
Is it sensible for me to spend the money on a writing workshop when I have bills to pay?

Well, yeah, it is sensible. It is because this is my passion and craft and hearts desire. I have done all the sensible things I was told I was supposed to do and ended up with holes in my life story.

So, I'm going to be insensible. There will be dishes in the sink. I will live meagerly. I will pay minimums a little longer.

When I die I will say I followed my hearts desire and life was good.

I'm dying living. In loving honor of Diane, who taught me to see the world for real. The pictures don't do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment