Thursday, September 20, 2012

 What do you do when you can't see your way?


 When a person enters a dark room, what do they do? Stand still, wait for their eyes to adjust to the lack of light, move slowly with hands out to feel any obsticles. They search for the light switch. Light makes the path clear.

When a person is driving and comes to foggy place, what do they do? Slow down. Be aware of their place on the road. Turn on the low beams. High beams will create a glare that can cause danger. The right light makes the path visible.

When a person is on a boat and the fog rolls in, what do they do? Slow down, turn on a spot light. Then they do something distinctively different than any other dark place. Listen. For the hum of motors around them, the fog horn, and bouy bells. Each sound tells them what dangers they are near.

How much do we rely on sight. "When I see it, I'll believe it." "Enlighten me." "Shed some light on the subject."

What if the light doesn't help? What do happens when knowledge isn't enough? Are you prepared to stop and listen?

Isaiah 55: 1-3A 
 “Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and you will delight in the richest of fare.
3 Give ear and come to me;
listen, that you may live.



If you want to get to the safe harbor, you have to stop and listen...Then you can find the light that makes your way clear.

This week I hit a fog, figuritively speaking. I can not see my path. But I hear my Fog horn and bouy bells around me guiding me. I know that I will be safe and arrive at the place I am meant to be.

 Stop today. Be still and quiet. Listen, what you need is there. In the stillness of your heart.

There is hope in the darkness, listen for it.

Continued blessings my friends. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment