Friday, April 4, 2014

#4  24

There they are again

The same 24 hours I was given yesterday

Waiting for me to make the most of them

And I do, at least I try

Filling every fold and crease in a day

With sweet cream filling oozing out the sides

Until it is ridiculous to keep filling, but I do

Every box filled with multi color dry erase marker

With much calendared event planning

Formal; semi-formal; casual expectations

Cheese Hors d'oeuvere; cheese plate; spray cheese

In decorative holiday forms

When I don't finish every project

Or achieve every goal

I am left feeling guilty and unaccomplished

Like seeing a B+ as nothing but less than an A

Never mind the astounding amount finished

I will only see what is undone

Wish there were more hours in the day

When I should recognize my limit and

Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment